– NQOBILE NZIMANDE MODAU
Some of my areas of particular interest are:
I am a licensed clinical psychologist working in private practice.
I was trained at the University of Witwatersrand where I completed both my Honours Degree in Psychology and Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology with Distinction. Thereafter I went on to complete my internship at the Johannesburg Metro Community Clinics as well as at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital.
I completed my in-service training at the Johannesburg Metro Community Clinics. My experience covers working with individuals, groups, couples, families, parents, children and adolescents.
Qualifications and Affiliations Include:
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, University of Witwatersrand (with Distinction)
- Honours in Psychology, University of Witwatersrand (with Distinction)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management, University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Working with Groups, Ububele Education Psychotherapy Trust
- Registered with Health Professions Council of South Africa (PS0141577)
- Member of Board of Health Funders (PR0877794), enabling medical aid claims
- Member of the South African Psychoanalytic Institute (SAPI)
I am predominatly trained in the Psychodynamic approach, an insight-oriented therapy where we look at how past experiences can unconsciously influence your way of being. This means that I use the psychodynamic approach as a basis to evaluate and form a formulation of the client’s difficulties. Thereafter I may apply other more solution focused approaches such as CBT or DBT as part of the treatment plan depending on each individual case. Each case is unique and as such it is dealt with according to the specific dynamics that present.