– VICKY WALSINGHAM
I specialise in:
- Parents connecting with their children
- Fostering respect for each family member and their values
- Strengthening family functioning
- The impact parents have on the heart and mind of their child.
Assisting parents with:
- Coping with being a single parent
- Making shared parenting/ divorce work
- Positive parenting and discipline concerns
- Greater awareness of age appropriate behaviour
- Trying to feel empathy again
- Connecting and learning the art of “play” again
- Parent child attachment
- Seeing their roles in their children’s lives
- Relationship building with siblings and other family members
- Developing coping mechanisms by implementing suitable planning skills
- Parenting styles
- Dealing with guilt
- Dealing with different sleep patterns and complications.
- Parent support groups
- Parent management training workshops
- Divorce recovery groups.
MDiac: Play Therapy (UNISA)
My focus and methodology when approaching parenting has always been informed but not limited to child developmental psychology, attachment theories, positive parenting, and using Gestalt play therapy as a holistic approach providing an important foundation to link this to emotional intelligence.
Being a mother has taught me more than any research or studies over the past years. With 20 years of experience working with children and parents I feel that all my parent Consultations and sessions are solution focussed, with practical examples, making sure that tools are given for raising healthy children.
We make sure that no unrealistic expectations are set, and practical applications are put in place, that children and parents are supported, and that their well-being and the well-being of their children come first.
A safe environment is offered; with a non-judgemental approach that leads to understanding and reestablishment of balance.
“A confident parent makes for a confident child”