– TAMSIN GEDDES
She offers the following services at medical aid rates:
- Newborn hearing screening
- Comprehensive and developmentally age appropriate hearing evaluations
- Periodic hearing evaluations to monitor hearing
- Monitoring how ear disease and certain medical treatments (e.g. chemotherapy) affect hearing
- Tinnitus evaluation
- Referral to another professional if indicated
- Hearing instrument consultations, fittings, dispensing, adjustments, servicing and repairs
- Assistive listening devices (help with day-to-day communications, fittings, dispensing and repairs
- Counseling regarding communication and educational options
- Ongoing support
- Custom ear protection against noise
- Sleep and swim plugs
- Tinnitus management
Hearing is one of life’s greatest gifts. Children and adults cannot afford to compromise on their hearing!!
BSc. (Hons) Audiology (UCT)
Qualifications and experience
Tamsin has been trained to diagnose, manage and treat hearing, tinnitus and balance problems in individuals of all ages. Besides completing her degree in audiology, as well as obtaining a special license to practise vestibular (balance) assessment and therapy from the University of Cape Town, she has gained valuable experience in both the public and private sector. Her experience covers work with babies, children, adolescents and adults.
Tamsin is registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an Independent Practitioner and has been practising since 2009.
Tamsin is currently studying towards a certificate in Community Art Counselling Training through the Art Therapy Centre and plans to study towards a Master’s degree in Early Childhood intervention next year.
Summary of skills
Tamsin provides a high standard of hearing care services in a professional and friendly environment. She specializes in identifying, diagnosing, treating and monitoring conditions of the hearing and balance systems of the ear (Mentioned in the service table below).
She is passionate about counselling and ensures that she also provides her clients and their parents, guardians or partners with information to better understand the diagnosis and how it affects communication.
Her particular areas of interest lie in counselling and in the evaluation and treatment of hearing impairment to help children and adults hear and communicate better.
Tamsin is committed to:
- Providing quality hearing care and to making her clients consultations as informative and enjoyable as possible;
- Empowering people who have hearing loss with the necessary information and skills to better understand their hearing condition;
- Assisting people who use hearing instruments to get the most our of them;
Consultation times and services
Office hours: Monday to Friday 08h00 – 17h00; Saturday 09h00 to 13h00